The tax attorneys at the Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor LLP, located in Orange County, Ca have received numerous awards and are active in the community. Some of those accomplishments include:
November 1, 2016 – Once again, we are pleased to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have once again listed the firm among the “Best Law Firms.” The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor LLP is ranked among the top firms in the practice area of Litigation – Tax – Tier 1.
Firms included in the 2017 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.
The Law Office of A. Lavar Taylor is proud to announce that two of its attorneys have been recognized for their achievements in tax law. Both Lisa Nelson, Partner of the Law Office, and Jonathan Amitrano have been named Super Lawyer’s Rising Star again in 2017.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. To earn the distinction of Rising Star, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent are named to the Rising Stars list.
Lisa and Jonathan are dedicated to the advocacy of their clients and are honored to be recognized by their peers for this prestigious award.
June 2016 – Lisa O. Nelson and Jonathan Amitrano has been selected as a 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers. This award is given to the top 2.5% of attorneys who have demonstrated excellence in the practice of law.
November 2, 2015 – We are pleased to announce that U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have once again listed the firm among the “Best Law Firms.” The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor is ranked among the top firms in the practice area of Litigation – Tax – Tier 1.
Firms included in the 2016 “Best Law Firms” list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.
A. Lavar Taylor – Part of Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 an invitation-only organization composed of premier trial lawyers who meet stringent qualifications. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. Membership is extended solely to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile. Learn more.
A. Lavar Taylor – Most Honored Professional
Mr. Lavar Taylor has recently been selected as one of America’s Most Honored Professionals for his continuous professional recognition, an accomplishment realized by the Top 5% of American Professionals.
Jonathan Amitrano – Super Lawyer Award
Jonathan Amitrano has recently been selected as a 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star. This award is given to the top 2.5% of attorneys who have demonstrated excellence in the practice of law.
The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor – AV Rated
The Law Offices of A. Lavar Taylor are an AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell which is an indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability, generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Joanne Garvey Lifetime Achievement Award – A. Lavar Taylor, recipient
- “The Best Lawyers in America®” in the area of Tax Law (2006-2013)
2012 and Before
- “Lawyer of the Year” in Tax Law for Orange County, California in 2011 by Best Lawyers®
- “Super Lawyers”: Attorneys are selected based on a rigorous, multiphase rating process involving peer review and department research. Super Lawyers lists no more than 5% of the attorneys in this prestigious list each year
- One of the Top Five Tax Attorneys in Orange County OC Metro magazine (August 2009)
- A. Lavar Taylor, recipient V. Judson Klein Award from the Tax Section of the State Bar of California (2004). This award is given annually to a tax attorney in California who exemplifies the qualities of the late V. Judson Klein, namely, a high level of legal professionalism and zest for life
- Honorable Peter M. Elliott Memorial Award, for Outstanding Scholarship, Ethics and Service to the Orange County Bankruptcy Community” presented jointly by the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and the Orange County Bar Association, Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Section (2005)
- Charles F. Rosen, recipient I.R.S. Regional Commissioner’s Award as the outstanding employee-of-the-year for the Western Region (nine western states) for quality of work, leadership, special assignments, lectures at Continuing Professional Education for Revenue Officers, teaching at District Counsel seminars, etc.